Thursday 5 November 2009

Remember, remember, the fifth of November

"Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

Today is the 5th of November, therefore tonight is Guy Fawkes Night again, England's big Autumn celebration, more so than Halloween. It is to commemorate Guy Fawkes's failed attempt to blow up the Parliament. I mentioned it before here, I don't have much to say about it but mention the day really. One should never forget history. My wife and might try to find a place nearby where we can see fireworks.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

we went to a Guy Fawkes night celebration at our neighbors!!!

Lots of folks from England live round here...

hope you enjoyed yourselves...

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I am always up for any kind of celebration....sounds like fun! And I liked the poem too! :o)