Tuesday 17 December 2019

Wolfie, poetry and Carol Ann Duffy

Something really strange happened tonight, during Wolfie's bedtime. As I offered him to read one story before, he pointed to Frost Fair, the most recent seasonal poem/story (I guess story in verse) of Carol Ann Duffy. I don't read much poetry, but around Christmastime I do like to read Duffy and it was by my bedside. Not sure why this caught his eyes and not another book, but strange as it may seem, I actually read it all to him, and stranger still, he did not seem bored once. In fact, he was fascinated by the illustrations. So anyway, he fell asleep quickly after that. I am still amazed by what happened.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wolfie has a keen eye and appreciation for quality, I see.

Sherry Ellis said...

Glad you found a book you both enjoy!