Thursday 5 December 2019

Mozart, Lacrimosa

Today is kind of a sad anniversary to remember: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart died 228 years ago today. Not sure if we can grieve after that long, but we can certainly commemorate his departure. At 36, he was so very young to die, yet had accomplished so much. So to commemorate my favourite composer, I have decided to show a scene from Amadeus, showing his funeral (not sure if there should be a spoiler alert, but here it is). It is obviously not meant to be a historically accurate account of what happened, but it does feel real (and from what I read not all that far from the truth). With the Lacrimosa from his requiem as music, it is so very fitting.

2 comments:

Rachel Lucas said...

I certainly still mourn him, Guillaume! I love this scene but I can't watch it. Just too sad. Incredible music of course. And (pedantic I know) but not quite 36...he was still 35. Even sadder. Thanks for remembering and making such a lovely post x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A pauper's burial in a reusable coffin. A lesson to us all.