Monday 23 December 2019

The best Christmas present so far this year

We received the family of my godson for dinner tonight. It was lovely and too short. I was a bit anxious of seeing them, especially my godson: he is 14 now and I thought he would be a bit... Teenagery. I needed be worried: he is just the same sweet kid as he ever was, only much taller. He was grateful to the boring gifts we had for him and his family, he was interested about our lives over the Atlantic and was talkative about his own, not sulky at all like some teens are, he was simply adorable. He also gave me the best Christmas present so far this year: a small painting he had made especially for me, of mountains and the northern lights. This was the second painting he ever did (first was for his grandmother), of his own inititative. I was close to tears. It was so thoughtful and so original.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

that is so very sweet! have a wonderful christmas!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gifts from the heart are the best gifts of all! Glad you're having a lot of good times at home in Quebec!