Tuesday 24 December 2019

James Bond on Christmas Eve

This is Christmas Eve, and as this is getting closer and closer, when I have a few minutes, I try to read Christmas related things. One of my favourite, as my readers know, is On Her Majesty's Secret Service, a James Bond novel set during Christmastime. I find it almost sad that I have so litle time to truly appreciate it, as this the perfect Christmas read, where the beauty of an idyllic looking Christmastime hides danger and violence. Well, that's Yuletide for many of us. In any case, I thought I'd share a quote from the novel, since it is Christmas Eve. For context: Bond her eis escaping the headquarters of his archenemy Ernst Stavro Blofeld and there are killer pursuing him. I hope nobody has a Christmas Eve that dramatic, but I know some can feel Bond's pain.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Speaking of James Bond, I just saw Daniel Craig in "Knives Out." A different kind of role for him! It's a good movie, so see it if you are able!