Sunday 8 December 2019

Wolfie and the Advent Calendar

I bought for this Thorntons' Cheeky Elf Advent Calendar for Wolfie, for a number of reasons. Because it is not one of those cheap Advent calendars but a fairly fancy calendar that has a chocolate of fairly good quality, with plenty of games to keep him entertained and patient waiting for Christmas. Or so I thought, in my naivety.I also thought that it is fitting that he has an Advent calendar featuring a cheeky elf. Better than Santa Claus himself, as he dislikes Santa Claus. It turned out that Wolfie understood very well the principle of eating chocolate for Advent. But he did not understand very well the principle  of one chocolate a day. The first day was a real torture, when I told him he had to wait the next day to eat another one...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh dear. On the other hand, all the child-rearing experts agree that the most valuable thing to learn in childhood is the ability to postpone gratification. It's the basis for all mature life skills as an adult. I learned that lesson early and it has stood me in good stead my entire life. Made me what I am today, in fact.

PJ said...

Te rappelles-tu des calendriers de l’Avent avec des cossins inutiles qu’on avait dans le temps. Les seuls cossins le fun étaient les anneaux occasionnels.