Sunday 15 December 2019

Christmastime at the fish and chips shop

You can see here the picture I took of the window of a small fish and chips shop in a nearby little village. We were not going for fish and chips, but we have been a couple of times there before and they do great fish and chips, maybe the best of the area. But I always pictured it otherwise as a nondescript fish and chips shop like they are so many here in England. I never thought they could be so creative and so festive. It is by far the best window I have seen for the season. Evocative of a Christmastime long gone in this country, when there was actually plenty of snow. On such a cold and snowy day, this fish and chips shop would certainly have been a haven. I never thought I would associate fish and chips with Christmas, but it kind of makes sense, since it is a time for comfort and fatty food. In any case, I am now craving them and imagining myself devouring some after a walk through the snow to this shop.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They went all out with that window! Nice!