Monday 19 June 2017

Heatwaves in the basement

We are in the middle of a heatwave here. One of the reasons why I dislike summer. It is sticky, it is too hot, little Wolfie struggles to sleep and so do we. i was discussing this with my brother PJ recently and he reminded me of the old days of our childhood, before the time of air con. When we were young and there was a heatwave, my parents used to prepare the basement for us to sleep in it. The basement in our home remained naturally cool through summer and it was lovely. As we were also sleeping in the living room, that was the occasion to watch TV late. Those were the days! I might come back to blog about these times, but right now suffice to say that I wish we had a basement here these days.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it has been the worst hot and sticky weather here too. in the 90's with high humidity. just shoot me now! wednesday is solstice so the countdown begins!