Wednesday 7 June 2017

Risk

I saw this a few months ago at WHSmith: a good old box of the classic Risk board game, with an epic cover image. I was tempted to buy it, but didn't in the end: there aren't really anybody I could play at Risk with. Now this is not my favourite board game, nevertheless it has a special place in my heart. Back in the days before video games and before I started doing role playing games, there was a time when Risk was one of the main source of fun on a rainy summer day. I remember how excited my brothers and I were when we first discovered that my parents had a box. We played so many times then, the three of us or with friends, after my father explained the rules to us. I don't know what attracted us to it, if it was the megalomania by proxy that the game makes us feel, or hidden violence (we play a world war after all, with world domination as a goal), but did we enjoy playing! I would still love to have a go at it one day.

No comments: