Friday 23 June 2017

Autumn getting (slightly) closer

I don't know if it is because of the recent heatwave, but it seems that since the summer solstice the season's ungodly tropical weather burned out completely. It is still warm, it is still summery, but you feel it far less. And since the longest day of the year, evening is coming a tiny bit earlier. We will only see the change much later of course, but with the drop in temperature it made me more aware of this and it gives you the illusion that autumn is nearer than it is. But autumn is nevertheless getting closer, ever so slightly. I mentioned in March a countdown to autumn. I am very much living it at the moment. The recent ordeal of the heatwave was truly midsummer, the peak of the season. There might be more of course, but it will not spoil my enjoyment of the cool breeze I felt this evening and its promise of things to come.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love it at this time of year when you catch a wisp of fall air.