Saturday 26 May 2012

Rum and Coca Cola

I found this song four years ago on YouTube, out of total chance, because I had listened to Underneath the Mango Tree. I was looking for summery songs to listen to, I wonder why I did not upload it then. But it feels and looks like summer now, so I have decided to upload it. Of course I have heard of Rum and Coke, or Cuba Libre as it appears to be properly called, before, but I don't think I ever tried that cocktail. Last time I remember having rum was in a cheese fondue, in lieu of kirsch, which I could not find. I rarely have cocktails and spirits anyway, I find them too treacherous. But I love to listen to Rum and Coca Cola on a hot summer day. I often listen to it drinking a Coca Cola, without the rum. I don't even know why I love it. The most famous interpretation is by the Andrews Sisters it seems, so it is this one I uploaded here.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I love drinking Rhum and Coke and the song too!

I don't drink beer so that's what I'm drinking most of the time!