Thursday 2 June 2011

Posthumous pictures of Marilyn Monroe

They found some posthumous pictures of Marilyn Monroe recently in New York. This piece of news did not fascinated me nearly as much as when they found a video of her smoking marijuana, but it is still an interesting piece of news. The pics were taken before she was a star, when she was an aspiring pin up. Now she is a star, but she is dead. She would be 85 if she was alive. Because she died quite young and in such tragic circumstances, I think all pictures of her have some sinister undertones, especially those taken shortly before her dead or when she was still unknown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She had such a sad life . Thats all I see when I look at pictures of her now; a smile that doesnt go right to her eyes. The cult of celebrity is something I will never understand.