Friday 10 June 2011

A royal family and its sycophants

Yesterday, I was watching the BBC covering some charity thingy the newlywed royal couple went to and I could not help but started feeling nauseous, that kind of angry nausea I get when I see the obsequious way the medias here cover the royals. Sickening. Whether it is the Queen's trip to ireland when she shows crass snobbery towards the locals, whether it is the way they treat the deceased Diana as if she was a bloody saint, whether it is a Jubilee or the Queen's birthday, they show servility, an absence of criticism and pretty much behave like a sad bunch of suck ups. Oh how I hope to live old enough to see the end of this anachronistic clowns and their court!

3 comments:

PJ said...

I will make an exception and comment in English for her Majesty's subjects. And I shall repeat myself for the n-th time. The Queen is nothing more than a more decrepit, presumably less slutty Paris Hilton.

tao.owl said...

I completely agree. I saw the footage of the Queen staring at the pint of liquid gold presented to her during her trip to Ireland and she gazed at it like it was foreign to her. I couldn't help myself, but I immediately felt embarrassed for her.

Anonymous said...

For King/Queen, and country...what damage that declaration has caused. Cast your eye to the developing world...