Tuesday 21 June 2011

One year already

Today is the first anniversary of my current job. A year ago, I had started it, wondering what was going to happen. I was getting back in the private sector after many failed attempts to make a career in education, I was uncertain and unfamiliar about my new working environment and was very nervous. I had no idea where I would be in a year's time. To be honest, I am sometimes a bit surprised I made it to permanence.For the first six months, I felt like a fraud.

Today is much different than a year ago: there is no heatwave, I am of course familiar to the place and the work and it was just another day at the office instead of the first day. To be honest it is not my dream job, but I like it much better than I thought I would and it is maybe the best working environment I have been in. And after the disappointments and bitterness of the jobs I had before, I cannot complain.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Happy jobersary !

Anonymous said...

Bon anniversaire de bosser!

tao.owl said...

I feel your pain regarding the many disappointments, glad to hear that sometimes the grass is greener on the other side! Maybe a cold beer to celebrate?

Gwen Buchanan said...

I am always surprised at where I am.. I would never have been a good fortune teller... I'm always thinking"Who's life is this anyway?"... and "What's next?"
the best to you for seeing what is out there and giving it a try.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Hello Guillaume! Long time no see (or read) I guess! Ha! I would ask how you have been, but I find your update here and I am glad to see that you are in a good place. I've been traveling and lots of other not very fun things the last 6 months, and am just now able to get back to the blog-o-sphere! I have missed this place tremendously! Just wanted to be sure to stop by say hello! :o)

Guillaume said...

Thank you all!

@Pekking through an open window-Have you been a teacher too?
@Gwen-Words of wisdom, which I follow.
@Wendy-Glad to see you again! Hope everything is fine and that the blogosphere will see more of you. There is only four months left until Halloween! As you can see if you read some of the recent entries, I am already setting myself in the mood.