Friday 17 December 2010

A bit of permanence

With the excitement of the last few days, I forgot to mention something: I have been made permanent at my job. Strangely enough, I had forgotten about it: this morning for me it was business as usual. Yet the news is an important one and it matters a lot to me. I need a bit of security in my life, financial security that you get with a steady job, but also some security knowing that you will not be jobless the next morning. I need permanence on the job front. In the last few years, I had been unlucky with jobs. First I lost one in a very bad moment, then I had a few string of rubbish/temporary jobs, then a frustrating and fruitless time trying to make my way into teaching, being overworked and underpaid (and for a while surrounded by scheming, backstabbing bastards). Being made permanent, it is also a revenge against that time. It has not settled in, but I am grateful for it and I will remember that moment when I get tired or frustrated.

4 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Congratulations.. That must feel so much better..

Prof Solitaire said...

Félicitations! :-)

suzanne said...

Congratulations! A little security can be a wonderful thing.

Anonymous said...

Félicitations!