Wednesday 1 December 2010

In the eye of the storm

This picture was taken a few years ago (I believe it was 2007 or 2008) at my parent's place. It does not look at all like this from the window. Outside, it looks grey and there had barely been any snow falling outside. It is ironic, since the country is paralysed because of the heavy snow falls. I mentioned how England reacts to snow before and more recently. But so far, I have not experienced it. We are literally in the eye of the storm. And it frustrates me. I want to have a day or two off work and read at home, or learn my lines, listen to music or simply walk around the snowy neighbourhood. I miss the snow a lot in this country and just when there is a lot, I cannot appreciate it.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I was wondering if you had been hit by the storm.. it is on all the News stations!!

...just wait maybe you will get some... we don't have any either.. rain is in the forecast for the next few days.. at least we don't have to shovel it.

suzanne said...

That's too bad. I thought of you while watching the reports of the snow in England. It made the CBC national news here.