Sunday 31 October 2010

Halloween

Today is Halloween, so Happy Halloween everyone. You can see above the Jack O'Lantern I carved yesterday. One eye is bigger than the other, but I think I still did a good job. I tried to make him look malevolent and devilish. I will have an entertaining day and evening, hopefully, with lots of spooky fun. So what to do when you are a grownup (and therefore lacks the vivid imagination you once had as a child) and want to celebrate Hallwoeen? The flat is barely decorated, but that's okay, the Jack O'Lantern and Grizelda are enough.

I will spend lots of time reading ghost stories (one day I might even write one) watching horror movies. Early in the evening, I will take a walk with my wife and see the children trick or treating. And for my readers who might want to have suggestion for atmospheric music for this Samhain, you can find some on this blog: here when you are feasting, here if you are into psychedelic stuff, here if you like horror movies scores, here if you want something more suitable for children and all around here if you like classical music, Christian imagery of Hell and temptation and sometimes pretty chilling music.

6 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

A spooky halloween to you, Guillaume.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Wishing you all the magic and horror and enchanting things Halloween brings! Enjoy your evening Guillaume! Trick or Treat!!! ;o)
~ Wendy

suzanne said...

He looks malevolent and devilish indeed. Hope you had a wonderful Halloween night. :)

Devadar said...

Bien réussie la citrouille. Faudrait que je me mette à respecter cette tradition.

PJ said...

Mea culpa, j'en ai pas fait cette année non plus. Et je n'ai même pas regardé It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Je travaille beaucoup cette session-ci. Mais j'ai vu un paquet de film d'horreur (pas tous bons, en fait, peu de bons) et j'ai terminé le Oxford Book of Victorian Ghost Stories. Là j'ai l'intégrale des Conan de Howard à me taper. Sans oublier le reste du Manibogion!

Guillaume said...

@Gwen, Wendy, Spirit-Thank you!
@Devadar, PJ-Vous devriez le célébrer plus, après tout vous êtes au bon endroit pour ça.