Thursday 12 September 2024

Wolfie's New Grey Hoodie

My mum bought a grey hoodie for Wolfie's birthday. She gave it to him in advance, when she last saw him. Well, I say my mum, it was both my parents, but buying clothes as presents is kind of my mum's thing. Anyway, Wolfie loved it right away. I was kind of surprised, as it isn't colourful. But it's apparently very comfy. Wolfie has been wearing it almost ever since and it has already been yogurted. It reminds me of a wooly grey jacket I received as a present from my godmother when I was five or six, maybe even younger. I disliked it at first, it was just a boring grey thing that felt scratchy on the skin. Then as soon as the first cold autumn days were coming, I was wearing it and it became one of my favourite piece of clothes. It was just comfortable and comforting. Maybe that's why Wolfie loves it so much. I feel a pang of sadness when I see him wearing it: I outgrew my wooly jacket, I know he will outgrew this one and way too quickly.