Wednesday 4 September 2024

"Back to school" today

These are two pages from What to Look For in Autumn, one of the books WOlfie and I read together come this time of year. I am sharing the picture today because, as you probably have guessed, it is back to school for Wolfie today, and it is meant to rain a lot. Not unlike many of the first days of the school years from my own childhood. I remember that it did not always rain, but I do remember the rainy ones more. I think this image pictures it perfectly. Today is a melancholic day for me: not so much because the holidays are over, but because Wolfie grows up way too fast for my taste.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh gosh, tell me about it. My grandchildren are 15, 13 and 9 now. I still remember them as babies. I hope Wolfie enjoys the new school year.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't ever remember it raining on the first day of school for me, although I suppose it must have happened once or twice.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

they grow up way too fast. i m lucky that my kids still live close to me.