Friday 13 September 2024

Friday the 13th

 Today, we are Friday the 13th of September 2024. The first of the year. And so...? So nothing. I'm not superstitious. But I do have some interest in superstitions and I like to mention it on the blog. 13th or not, I always liked Fridays, so I should enjoy this one. When I was a child, I had a feeling of dread every Friday the 13th, but a pleasant one, it gave me a certain frisson of undefined fear. I daydreamed about being scared of something. One of my acquaintances, a friend of a friend, used to imagine imminent zombie Apocalypses or kaiju attacks every Friday the 13th. I'm not sure why, but we just chit chatted inventing all sorts of horrors on that day and we really enjoyed it. Sadly, nothing ever happened. Nothing exciting like what we imagined anyway. So yeah, that was back then anyway. Any memories of Friday the 13th?

No comments: