Tuesday 24 September 2024

The Spooky Autumn Alleyway

 I blogged before about the alleyway behind the house, which I nicknamed the secret passage, because it feels like a secret passage. Come September, it looks so very atmospheric and perfectly autumnal, as I mentioned last year. It's not quite there yet, as there aren't quite enough leaves on the ground (and I hope nobody is blowing them away), but you look at it and you can feel the cool air, smell the season. It also looks eerie and unsettling at any time of year, especially in autumn. There is a scary story to be told about this place, something set round Halloween, I just don't know what story yet.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's so very narrow . . . what if those walls started closing in even more as you walked along? TRAPPED! Like a rat in a cage.