Wednesday 6 March 2024

Heart of the Hunter soon

You know I love crime fiction, you know I love crime fiction set in South Africa, having a wife who is half South African. As I mentioned last month, Deon Meyer's Heart of the Hunter has been adapted into a movie. It will be released on Netflix this month. I can hardly wait. I watched the teaser trailer and it seemd solid. I suspect it will be a fairly lose adaptation, as a lot of the original novel, published about 20 years ago, needed modernising to make sense in this day and age. But I don't mind: they do the same for James Bond. And as I said, it seems solid. I suggest you watch it too, or read the novel. I might take my copy out of the bookshelves and refer to it as I watch, just for fun.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Something to look forward to!