Sunday 3 March 2024

The Age of Steam (puzzles)

 We went downtown yesterday and we stopped in a charity shop. We don't always buy things there, but I must say we often do. My wife found this jigsaw puzzle box, four jigsaw puzzles in one, each one about a team train. With a CD in it, for some reason, becuse if you are going to build a puzzle with a train on it, you might as well have some sound to it. So we had a conversation that went like this:

Veggie Carrie: "Maybe we should buy this, it's only three pounds." 
Me: "It would make the two men in this household very happy, but it comes with a CD. I mean we don't have a CD player anymore." 
Veggie Carrie: "Well... there's the car." 
Me: "You want us to listen to steam train sounds in the car instead of music? I mean, I won't mind, Wolfie won't mind either but... wouldn't that be your worst nightmare coming true?
Veggie Carrie (suddenly horrified): "Oh... no!"
 
 So there you have it. I think what I said about listening to the CD in the car deserves to be a great unknown line. It made us laugh and I got some sharp looks from other customers for that reason. And wee still bought the box in the end.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Solution: Play the CD when it's just you and Wolfie going somewhere in the car. Enjoy the puzzle(s)!