Friday 8 March 2024

MI6: facts from fiction

 I recently stumbled on this BBC article, which is an interview of a real employee of SIS, also known as MI6. It remains very vague, but it is quite interesting all the same. Of course, the real spies live in the shadow of James Bond and it seems that people still use the fiction as staple for their perception of MI6. As much as I love James Bond movies, I still think there is room for more realistic spy thrillers out there. I have watched and read a few, which I blogged about in the past. I hope this article and others like this one will inspire writers to write different kind of stories featuring SIS. Oh but for the record, I will still eagerly watch the next Bond movie.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When are they going to get around to picking the next James Bond?