Sunday 18 September 2022

South African Chardonnay

My father bought recently a Chardonnay and sent me the picture of the bottle. Why send me a picture of a wine, you may ask? Well, because it is a South African wine and my father-in-law (aka "daddad") is South African, so my dad thought about his opposite number, so to speak, in my wife's family. When I told my in-laws that my parents drank a South African Chardonnay, my father-in-law said: "Well of course, South Africa makes the best wines, because many Huguenots settled there and they used French vines on fertile African soil." Did I mention that my wife's father is a proud South African? Apparently, he is patriotic even when it comes to wine, even if he barely drinks any himself. In any case, I had a quick lecture on why South African wines are the best: French vines and French know-how, best soil, ideal weather and temperatures. I'm sure many would beg to differ, but there you go.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sure your father-in-law knows whereof he speaks!