Friday 2 September 2022

Vesuvio Souvenir

For our wedding anniversary, my wife and I went to Avanti, a little Italian restaurant in the little town of Wallingford. It was a lovely evening and Avanti was the perfect place to celebrate. Like many Italian restaurants, it had many little things that were used as part of the décor. Such as this bottle of what I assume was limoncello, in the shape of Italy and of a booth, called "Vesuvio Souvenir", so probably bought somewhere near Mount Vesuvius. I thought it was funny, this delicate carved bottle associated with a volcano. Anyway, we didn't drink limoncello after the meal, I'm not a big fan of it anyway, but for a moment I almost felt like I was back in Italy. My wife and I agree that we ought to visit it one day.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A nice way to celebrate your anniversary!