Thursday 22 September 2022

Late Equinox

Today should be the day of the autumn equinox, but this year, as it happens sometimes, it will arrive a day late, on the 23rd of September. I don't really care: for me, autumn starts with September, not with the equinox.  Read what they say about it on Wikipedia and I'm not the only one thinking like this. So we are 22 days into autumn, I don't care what astronomers say. Sorry if this post sounds like rambling, but it irritates me so much when people thinks September is still summertime. So yeah, it's been over for some time, autumn is here, the temperature is dropping, the leaves too and well, you just need to accept it now. But I know I am preaching among converts here. My regular readership is made of autumn lovers. All the same, I had to get it off my chest.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my autumn begins after the 4th of july! our weather has changed and we are in for at least a week of cool autumn temps! i couldn't be happier!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's that nip in the air we all love!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

the eqinox is tonight at 9:03! it is cool, breezy and very autumnal...yay!

Anonymous said...

I love when the temperature is not too hot or too cold, which is why autumn is my favorite time of year!