Saturday 3 September 2022

Geese Flying

How's your September so far? As you know, I consider that autumn starts with the month, not on the equinox. Be that as it may, it's been so far an okay month: a tad too warm, perhaps, but you can feel the cooler air and that smell that is so typical of autumn. You know that one? The temperature may still be in the lower 20s, it still does feel like summertime anymore. And I'm very glad for it. One sign though I hadn't yet seen were the flocks of geese flying south. Their cry pretty much heralds the season for me. Well, two days ago, late afternoon, I heard them. I did not see the flock, but I heard their distinctive cry. And it really felt good.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No evidence of geese flying south here yet. We're having our hottest weekend of the whole summer right now.