Saturday 9 April 2022

Italian style panini

 We went to a local café for lunch today. It was our first time there and we had been wanting to try it for a long while. I saw in their menu an "Italian style panini", which I had to try: mozzarella, chorizo or salami and olives. Now until Easter, as this is Lent, I try not to eat meat. Not out of religious devotion, but because it makes my wife happy. She is vegetarian, see. But I could not resist this panini. Not because of the meat, but because of the olives. And I have a complete faith in Italian style food. I'm a sucker for olives. My wife's judgement: "Oh you are such a bad Catholic!" Which has to be a great unknown line. That said, it's a bit rich for her to say: 1)I'm no longer a Catholic,and 2)she's never been a Catholic, so what does she know about it? Anyway, the panini was worth my impiety.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know what they say -- if you're going to sin, SIN BIG!