Wednesday 13 April 2022

A Book for Spy Wednesday

I don't know for you, but I am getting quite impatient about Easter. And we are "only" Holy Wednesday. Which, as I had mentioned back in 2017, is also called Spy Wednesday. So I thought it would be fitting to give the followers of this blog one reading suggestion for today. As you know, I tend to choose the books I read according to the time of year: horror during autumn leading to Halloween, something wintery for Christmas, some summery for summertime, etc. And mostly crime fiction all year round, to be honest. As I'm not the religious type, I don't often go for Biblical stories, even for Easter. But anyway, recently I read some spy thriller and what would be more fitting than spy fiction on Spy Wednesday? So I recommend that you give Six Days of the Condor, James Grady's debut novel, a go. It was of course adapted (and condensed) into Three Days of the Condor to the cinema, but there are enough differences between the source material and the film to make it enjoyable for those who have only seen the movie. Plus there is on the edition I have the novella/novelette Condor.net which is a sequel/remake of the story by the author himself. But anyway, while the film is set around Christmastime, the novel is set around this time of year, so all the more reasons to read this now.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

How did the condor lose 3 days?

Lady M said...

I watched that movie a couple of months ago.