Thursday 14 April 2022

The Simpsons: The Ten Commandments

Okay, it is only a few days until Easter, and around that time, you might want to enjoy a few Biblical movies. Even though I'm a Godless heathen, I do enjoy some of them, although not and I repeat never any that features Charlton Heston. Especially not that one. You know the one I'm referring to. Bombastic, arrogant, cheesy, pious nonsense which tries to hide its lack of intelligence with high production value. And this is why I always loved the parody The Simpsons made of it in Homer VS Lisa and the 8th Commandment. Pure comedy gold from back when they were funny. And far more entertaining than the source material, Biblical or cinematic.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Give me Homer Simpson over Charlton Heston ANY day!

Lady M said...

I used to love that movie as a kid but as an adult gag. I agree that Charleston Heston is repulsive and hard to watch. Plus the racism and sexism - I can't stomach it.