Wednesday 15 December 2021

The Wait for Christmas

Christmas is only ten days away and Wolfie will be on holiday bu the end of this week, yet he is getting very impatient. He still has a vague idea of time, so he hopes that Christmas will come tomorrow, even though is Advent calendar shows otherwise. I must confess, I am starting to feel like time is running very slowly too. I will be on holiday as well and the days at work feel more and more... endless. I also want time to prepare properly, which I feel I haven't had the chance yet: I need to wrap presents, buy food and drinks, maybe do a bit of cooking myself, etc. Once I am on annual leave, then I don't feel so much bored, I can enjoy the wait and the preparations. Otherwise, I cannot say I have matured all that much since I was Wolfie's age: whether one is at school or at work, waiting for the Christmas holidays is really a pain.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Anticipation makes the wait even harder!