Thursday 30 December 2021

Buck's Fizz with a twist

This may be my last Christmas post until next year (and I may add: at the end of 2022). So anyway, you may know about Buck's Fizz, the Briths cocktail made of orange juice and champagne, or fizzy wine. Two parts champagne, one part orange juice. My wife is quite fond of it, especially during the Christmas holidays. Well, M&S made one for the Season, with clementine and cranberry instead of orange juice. It is much, much sweeter, so much so that you don't really taste the alcohol. I find it quite treacherous and not that great, but it does have a festive colour. It has been my wife's poison during the whole Christmas holidays. But, as she is not a big drinker (a few sips and she is done), I had to finish her cups. I can't say I was very enthusiastic. It is truly too sweet.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's not really orange "juice," is it? Looks more like orange "soda, pop or soft drink," as we would say in Canada. A mixture of real orange juice and sparkling wine is a mimosa. It does not have that lurid orange colour, LOL! I believe you when you said the Buck's Fizz is too sweet for you. It even LOOKS too sweet in the photo!