Monday 20 December 2021

A bit of mulled wine

Today, I went downtown to make the very last purchases in preparation of Christastime: food, presents and, well, drinks. I did this very carefully of course, always wearing a mask and going only in businesses that were not crowded. I stopped in a local wine shop held by a Frenchman to buy two bottles, one of red, one of white. He also offered me a free cup of mulled wine. The very first I've had since last Christmas. I was not planning on drinking, but I cannot refuse a freebie, especially not mulled wine. It warmed me up good and made the long walk home more pleasant. Maybe it was the fact that I was tired, but I thought it was one of the best mulled wines I had. The shopkeeper gave the recipe quickly, it was the usual stuff, cinnamon, cloves, a bit of orange and this and that. Nothing out of the ordinary, except maybe the rose petals.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a nice holiday treat.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you got that mulled wine exactly when you needed it!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Something to warm the heart for sure!!