Tuesday 28 December 2021

First ever Christmas present from Wolfie

A few weeks ago, at his school's Christmas fair, Wolfie bought me his very first Christmas present. There was a section with gifts for daddies and mummies, where a teacher would help children choose something they would then wrap. So Wolfie got me this book: True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey. I know nothing of the Kelly Gang, but just by the cover I can tell it is going to be a great read, the kind of stuff I would have bought for myself had I seen it in a bookshop or a thrift sales. I am amazed at how well my son knows me: just a look at the cover and he knew that was a good gift for daddy. Of course this is the best Christmas present this year, bare none.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's an observant little boy!

Lady M said...

Awe - that's so cute.