Wednesday 29 December 2021

Post-Christmas Blues

Well, here it is, I can feel it: the post-Christmas blues. People say it starts with January, after the holidays, but from my own experience (you tell me if yours is similar), it truly starts a few days after Christmas Day. It is not as bad as it used to be: I have plenty of holidays still and I have a lot to keep myself entertained, but fairly little to do otherwise, so I can enjoy being lazy for a few days. But I don't feel like listening to Christmas carols or watching Christmas movies. New Year is coming, but I never liked New Year all that much. So yes, I am feeling a tad melancholic.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Look forward to celebrating Groundhog Day now! That's always a good time!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i'm suffering from the 'no winter blues'. no snow and 50-60 degree weather every day.

Haunted Eve said...

Mr. Haunted Eve here,
Know exactly what you mean. Christmas is over, so listening to Christmas music is no longer holding the same appeal as it does for me right after Halloween. New Year's Eve is another let down after hopes of perhaps going out again for a nice dinner since 2019 were dashed with the record breaking rise of Covid cases here in NY state this month, e.g. not worth the risk despite being fully vaccinated and boosted. And spring, summer, and Halloween are all still a very long ways off. 😔