Friday 24 December 2021

"Our" Christmas Tree

My brother PJ shared this picture of my parents' Christmas tree. It's unmistakable, with the icicles, the many, many decorations we gathered from everywhere, and, more importantly with its LGB train at its foot, and the Christmas village, which my dad built and developed over the years. Wolfie loves it. Two days ago, we did facetime with them and Wolfie could see it running around and it felt like we were there. He also interacted with his little cousin properly for the first time. I cannot wait to be there again, one family, so Wolfie and his cousin can be partners in crime and enjoy playing together around the Christmas tree. I still call it "our" Christmas tree, even if we are not here this year.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a beautiful xmas tree. it looks like the trees we had when i was a child. i love it. merry xmas!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gorgeous!

Lady M said...

It has been a long time since we could travel for Christmas - soon I hope. You sound a little homesick.

Sue Bursztynski said...

What a wonderful piece of art that is, Guillaume! I do hope you manage to get together next year and see it in person, while the kids get to play together,