Wednesday 1 November 2017

"The dead are alive"

I have never been a big fan of the first of November: it is after Halloween, I feel the post-Halloween blues, November is a month I generally dislike and so on. But I am learning to appreciate the month and its beginning. One movie in particular made me rediscover and enjoy that date, albeit by proxy. I am talking of course of Spectre, the last James Bond movie. It has its share of flaws, but I enjoyed it nevertheless and it is a brilliant piece of cinematography. The pre-title sequence is set during the Mexican Day of the Dead. Far more fun than All Saints' Day. It is a brilliant opening and has a great sense of place, character and atmosphere. You will find a short bit of it below. I think watching the movie might become a new November tradition for me.

1 comment:

Pik-Cor said...

Nice! I admit to losing interest in the Bond franchaise but Live and Let Die (1973) is one of my favs. Primarily because of the New Orleans funeral and island voodoo scenes with Geoffrey Holder as Baron Samedi!