Monday 24 January 2011

Preparing for the stage

I thought I could blog about acting again, as I haven't done it too much and since it takes a lot of my mind. My acting course is starting at the end of February (the end!) and I am getting impatient. Therefore, I am still waiting for things to happen and it is not only January that I will find long. Strange that even though I am busy at work I feel like I am not doing much.

That said, it sounds sadder than it is. Waiting can be exciting in itself and it is nice to have something to look forward to. I miss everything about the class: the warming up exercises, the atmospheric room (I could blog about the room alone), the people of course and well the voice. I am preparing myself mentally to it, remembering the exercises (not doing them much, shame on me), the course, but also reading quite a lot the plays I have here. Not because I think I will play them (although I hope I will have to read a monologue or two of my choice), but because I try to see (not merely read) the plays as an actor. I try to get the right voice for the character. It is great fun. So I spend a fair deal of my free time with Melpomene and Thalia. Maybe I am taking this too seriously. But it's such great fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now you will have to blog about your acting room :-) Enjoy your evenings with your muses...