Saturday 1 January 2011

What resolutions this year?

We are now in 2011 and that means: 1)the Christmas holidays are ending soon (in a way they have already ended) and 2)it is time to muse about the past and think about the future. I don't want to muse about the past, I have done quite a lot of this recently. I thought about making resolutions, but I am not sure where to begin with. I made some two years ago, which I only managed to really fulfill this year. At last, I got a permanent and decent job, I do have more of a social life, I have even done some acting for the first time in years and since I will do more, I cannot really put this on my list. At least it means that I have accomplished more in 2010 and that I can look forward to 2011 with more optimism. So maybe I should say that I have "projects" more than resolutions. This year, I therefore hope to:

1)Do more acting.
2)Maybe renew with singing opera.
3)Read more classics. I think I was not so good in 2010 than in 2009.
4)Trust my instincts and take more initiatives. I did acting this year and it did the greatest good to me. I want to do more of this, whether it is about hobbies or travelling or whatever.

Well, the list is considerably shorter and maybe this is a good thing. It means I am on the right track. At last.

No comments: