Monday 17 January 2011

Going book hunting soon?

Potential good news for the avid crime reader I am, especially when everyday life is desperately beige: Waterstone's is selling its crime fiction 40% off. It beats their vampire romance (sic) offer hands down, but I am not overtly enthusiastic: not that many titles excite me. I am getting a bit blasé about Waterstone's franchises around here: they have best sellers, but I can rarely find my favourite writers or the not too mainstream titles I want to find. Shopping there often gets frustrating, although I do get pleasantly surprised sometimes. And it is true that I rarely leave a bookstore empty handed.

I look at the bookshelves here and the books are piling up dangerously. Still, I love to have the luxury of choice for the upcoming year.

No comments: