Friday 19 December 2008

Home at last

As I said in my previous entry, I am home at last. I arrived at Montreal yesterday, the journey was quite long and felt longer because of my impatience. It is beautiful here, there is a good deal of snow (not like last year, but still) and it is cold, this Quebec cold that you feel in your skin and bones. It is painful like nothing else, but it makes you feel alive. One can find happiness with minor pain if brings a reassuring feeling of familiarity.

I have been gluttonous since I got back and probably will be until I leave. I guess I can be as it is, after all the holidays. I ate at L'Anecdote last night for my first meal in Montreal (I stuffed myself with a decadent deer burger topped with smoked boar instead of bacon), I had a delicious breakfast with real bread from Première Moisson, peanut butter and some croissants chocolatines afterwards. At lunchtime, I had the classic bagels and smoked salmon, with the bagels from St-Viateur. I have been missing those for two years now, so that was another welcome moment. Well, what can I say, I am home all right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J'ai installé l'arbre ce matin.
Maintenant il est au chaud, et bien dégelé. Tout ça pour voir Noël comme dit la chanson.Il ne manque que les décorations.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh you have managed to make my mouth water.. feasting this time of year.. specialties fit for a king.... ummm...I'm happy for you!