Sunday 11 November 2018

100 years of World War I

As you most likely all know (or I sure hope so), today is the 11th of November, thus Remembrance Day and it is also the 100th year anniversary of the end of World War I. That day of the year when I struggle to keep a poppy on, to reduce something very solemn to something very trivial. To commemorate this very important anniversary, I have decided to upload with this post this poppy made by my wife and my son in his art class recently. A large paper poppy on display in the house in a pot, it is far better than wearing it and losing it due to my ineptitude to use a pin. Anyway, this is my way of commemorating. For a thoughtful post about war and the sacrifices of men and women who fought in it, please read this post from 2008. As for WWI itself, I have little to say about it that is really profound and I don't like spouting commonplaces if I can avoid it. I will just say here that it was meant to be the last.

No comments: