Sunday 27 February 2011

Fighting Sunday melancholia

My readers know that I find Sundays boring sometimes. I mean they often make me feel melancholic, moreso at the the last Sunday of a month like this one and when on top of that the day is rainy. But today so far I managed to fight the feeling pretty good, via various means:

-I read a fair deal, mainly Cut Short by Leigh Russell (who has been reading this blog for quite a while now, it was about time I start reading her). Nothing like crime fiction to forget about boredom, especially on a rainy Sunday. It is also good to have time to read (I will go back to it straight after I blog this).  I don't read nearly enough these days.
-I watched a bit of I Claudius on Youtube, which is nice to rediscover. I love British soaps when they are set in Ancient Rome and are murderous enough.
-Have a big hearty breakfast with peanut butter (Skippy as I cannot find Kraft here). Food melancholia is often the worst kind of melancholia, so it is nice to have something that is akin to what I find at home.

It appears that I blog lists these days. And that my posts are a bit trivial.

2 comments:

Mozart's Girl said...

Ah Guillaume...that Sunday feeling! I'm lucky and hardly ever feel melancholic...and if I do I just listen to Mozart, which always helps. Soon the weather will be brighter and all will look better! Happy week to you xo

Anonymous said...

When we write it is hopefully to cause the reader to identify with the words that we leave behind. I most certainly identify with that Sunday feeling, and now I have a peanut butter craving too. Have a good week:-)