Monday 21 February 2011

A black cat for good luck

When I was waiting for the train on my journey home, I saw a black cat in the grass next to the station, he was staring at me with his green eyes, it was borderline hypnotic. I remember this cat, I see him from time to time, always in the same bit of grass. It is the same cat, I think, which I saw after my interview, waiting for the train. He was a bit more shy then, hiding further away in the long grass(maybe he just wanted to enjoy the shade). Now it was different, he was staring at me in right next to the platform. I think he knew I was finding him adorable. I want one at home, a real one, not merely on a piece of paper. I love all kinds of cats, but black ones have such devilish elegance. The one we had in the house in Liverpool was black. If I have one, I will call him Mephisto.

Anyway, when I saw this cat for the first time, it was after the interview where I got my job. So seeing him tonight made me feel cheerful after a rough weekend and an exhausting Monday. So I am glad I saw it. I think whatever people say about black cats, they give me good luck. In any case, I am lucky just to see them. I wish I could have stroked this one.

This picture was taken in Brittany and I was wondering when I could find a good excuse to publish it here. This post was just as good as any.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love black cats too, my neighbour has one and he often hangs out on their window ledge, and even though he's two floor over me, I still see his piercing green eyes!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo, and I hope that your black cat brings you lots of luck. I have never understood how black cats are perceived as bad luck. Their sheer dark colour, and sleek fur is just the most beautiful sight, and to see one never fails to thrill me. My family had a black rescue cat named Gypsey. What we didnt know was that we adopted her pregnant. She gave birth to four black kittens, and a white one with the bluest eyes who had Persian in her. She was named Woodstock as in the music festival of peace, love, and flower power :-)

The Gill-Man said...

I LOVE black cats as well. Our neighbor has one, with ORANGE EYES! He frequently comes over to visit us...most especially my son (the two have really bonded). The neighbors themselves have given it some really lame name, but my son has named him "Dracula". That's my boy! We may have to steal Dracula when we move!