Saturday 11 September 2010

Yesterday's Apocalypse

It is this day again. I already blogged about it, extensively, so will refrain from writing a long post this time. I think I pretty much said all I wanted to say. Well, most of it anyway, and I do not want to be repetitive. You can read my thought and memories of the day here and here. Feel free to comment on any of them, or this one. I am very proud of those posts, maybe more than any other one I have blogged in the last three years and a half. But maybe the most moving and eloquent piece on 9/11 I ever read was the Atheist Eve comic strip of September 2009 by Tracie Harris.

I will live this September the 11th the same way I did nine years ago: through the TV screen. In 2001, it was like watching the Apocalypse live. Now it seems more like yesterday's Apocalypse, but we still have to deal with the aftermaths.

3 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I think it's sad how short the attention span can be in many Americans. When you watch the news and see the things happening around us here...you can't help but wonder if some have already forgotten. It's sad!

Guillaume said...

I often forget that I have American readers. I don't know how they see these entries on 9/11.

What saddens me and angers me at the same time is how the memory of 9/11 has been hijacked by religious fanatics to push their own ideology.

Prof Solitaire said...

Well... I have not forgotten, but I have moved on. I have little children now and I'm too busy enjoying the wonderful little magic moments of life to care. I don't even watch the news anymore, I listen to the radio or read it on the net, but I didn't that day. I went through the whole day without even thinking about 9-11. I realized it was the anniversary the following day. Maybe I'm heartless, I dunno... or maybe I have no room in my life for this madness...