Friday 18 June 2010

Other chance encounters

There is one thing I won't miss one bit with my new job: it's the chance encounters with students from the school I was working in. I was at the local sweet shop this afternoon to get something for my sugar craving (I am now a regular and they like me enough to give me free samples of pretty much everything), I was unshaven, wearing sloppy clothes and all of a sudden I saw a swarm of students coming in. It isn't the first time I bump into them and it just reminded me that every weekend not so long there was someone to remind me of my working environment. They are nice kids and it's not like seeing people from my other old job, but it will be nice to have this geographical and emotional distance between my work environment and me. Sure, I might see colleagues, but the chances are much smaller.

No comments: