Tuesday 23 April 2024

Tayto

Here is another post about our holidays in Belfast,a post about one of its most important, most typically Irish topic. Because of course, when one thinks of Ireland, one thinks of potatoes. For centuries, it was their main diet. It might still be the case. So it made sense that we tried some of their local crisps. The brand Tayto was pretty much everywhere. Apparently it is also sold in England, but I don't remember seeing them here. I took no chance and bought a few. They taste lovely, or at least that was my impression. It was love at first bite for me. I guess I must have Irish blood.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great name for a chip brand!

Alison said...

I've not seen that brand here in England either. I've heard another term for potatoes, "taties", but that might be Scottish?