Wednesday 17 April 2024

A New Amadeus

Well, some good news for the Mozart fan that I am: there will be a new version of Amadeus by Peter Shaffer. Not a new movie, but a new TV series. I found the info in an article on ClassicFM about the casting. I don't know anything apart from that, but I'm intrigued and excited. I hope I can find a platform to watch it, when it will be released. A part of me is anxious: I hope they don't mess it up. The film was already a brilliant transfer from stage to screen, turning the play into a TV series is probably going to be an at least equally challenging task. But if nothing else, there will be great music to go with the drama. And the source material is solid.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

omg, this is the best news!!! i can't wait!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope they hire a good cast of actors!