Saturday 13 April 2024

Back from Belfast City

 If you were worried about my silence (well, you never know) I was on holiday. And I am back. My family and I went to Belfast. Like in the song, which I sang over and over again, enough for Wolfie to hum it. It was my wife's idea. So we were not officially in a different country, but truly, by any practical means, North Ireland truly is a different country than the one we live in. I have been to the Republic of Ireland before and, while North Ireland is sort of separated from it and far less Catholic, you can definitely feel the Celtic roots. I will blog more about my experience in the upcoming days, but we all enjoyed it and sometimes I felt almost at home there.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i can't wait to hear more about it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you had a nice little getaway!

Alison said...

My husband worked in Ireland for one Summer, back in the 2000s and loved it. One of his cousins moved there (when you still could, pre-Brexit) and loves it too.